JAPAN Best Incentive Travel Awards
The JAPAN Best Incentive Travel Awards 2018 Now Open for Entries!
-Incentive Tours in Japan Advances Business Towards the Future-
- The "JAPAN Best Incentive Travel Awards" program, first organized by the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) in 2016, will be held again this year.
- These awards were created with the aim of increasing awareness of and enthusiasm for Japanese incentive tours among stakeholders in the MICE industry in Japan and overseas, through the sharing and recognition of examples of best practices for incentive tours to Japan.
- JNTO is seeking submissions of example programs from travel companies and meeting planners worldwide. Prizes will be awarded to those itineraries that made the best use of the features of the destination, illustrate a successful post-event impact on attendees and the company, demonstrate innovative use of technology and planning, and demonstrate a particularly outstanding contribution to the region through showcasing the appeal of local culture and interaction with the local community. The period for submission of entries for this year's awards is from June 12 (Tuesday) to July 13, 2018 (Friday).
JNTO will offer one grand prize and two additional prizes.
Incentive itineraries will be scored based on the demonstrated impact they have on the organizing company after the event, innovation in planning and use of technology, as well as for being particularly outstanding in terms of their contribution to the region through showcasing the appeal of local culture and interaction with the local community.
The winners will be invited to Japan for the awards ceremony (business class tickets provided) and will have the opportunity to explore incentive possibilities. JNTO will organize a fam trip to introduce new ideas to add the “wow” factor to make your incentives more unique.
This experiential tour will include activities designed for incentive groups introducing traditional and innovative characteristics in and around Tokyo.
Award Logo Usage
The winners can use the "JAPAN Best Incentive Travel Awards 2018" logo for their promotion activities.
Example of the logo usage
Using the logo for printing materials such as brochures as well as websites is also allowed.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS
5pm, July 13, 2018 (Friday) (UTC+9)
Eligible incentive tours must have taken place in Japan between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018 with at least 100 room nights*. The applicant must be able to provide proof of the event taking place, by submitting reporting documents and photos. If selected for the prize, the applicant must approve that the details of the event will be exhibited on the JNTO website. However, we can accept applications from events where the company name must be confidential.
*One room night is calculated as one person staying one night (20 persons x 5 nights = 100 room nights)
- Applicants are limited to incentive tours, such as for rewards, anniversary projects or skills acquisition, etc.
- Each applicant can submit up to 3 applications
The applicant must be an overseas based travel agent or meeting planner that plans incentive tours to Japan.
Please apply using the entry page found by following the link below. Use the form to fill in all the required information.
JNTO will announce the winner on our homepage at the beginning of August.
The Award Ceremony will take place at the Hotel New Otani Tokyo on September 19, 2018 (Wednesday) from 19:00-21:00.
There is a possibility that winners may be requested to give a presentation at the Award Ceremony as a case study.